Sunday, October 29, 2006

Unicorn Chronicles!

For Bruce Coville fans out there waiting with bated breath for the third book in the Unicorn Chronicles, he's got a blog up tracking his progress and it even has some excerpts. The manuscript is almost 500 pages long now, and he's not sure how long it's going to be!

Coville was one of my favorite authors when I was younger, and I first got sucked into his writing with Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher, which was absolutely fantastic. He has the most wonderful heroes and the worlds are so vivid. Coville is also the author of the My Teacher is an Alien series (my favorite of that series is My Teacher Glows in the Dark). I love YA fantasy.

The Unicorn Chronicles started with Into the Land of the Unicorns somewhere around 1995 I think, and the sequel Song of the Wanderer was published in 1999. I remember buying it my freshman year in college and lumping it into my textbook purchases so my parents wouldn't realize that they were also paying for some fluff reading as well. Anyways, it's been quite some time, and I can't wait for The Last Hunt to be published. It'll probably be out before the last Harry Potter book.

I will never be too old for YA fantasy books!

1 comment:

ASLEvans said...

Wow! I haven't thought about Bruce Coville in *years*. I have a couple of the Nina Tanleven books - signed, even.