Saturday, April 01, 2006

Even Vampires Get the Blues

Author: Katie MacAlister
Published: May 2006 (Signet)
Category: Paranormal Romance
Quote of Choice: "How do I say 'up yours' in ancient, ghostly Gaelic?"

This was my first Katie MacAlister vampire novel (It's a paranormal romance, but her Aisling Grey books are separate from them).

Her heroine is a half elf named Samantha and the male interest is Paen, a Scottish vampire. Think: a sexy vampire in a kilt. Droolworthy, no? Oh, and he has grey eyes, a very popular eye color amongst MacAlister's heroes. According to vampire rules, Paen has no soul and to get it back, he has to find his Beloved, a woman who can redeem his soul for him. Samantha is that woman, except Paen doesn't want a Beloved, and then it leads to all sorts of interesting bickering.

EVGTB is a good mix of romance and mystery (Paen and Sam are trying to track down this missing statue or Paen's mother will forfeit her soul), with less romance than MacAlister's contemporary romances. However, I think there were less funny lines that made me laugh out loud though, but it's a good story.

Good story, but I'm dying to read the next Aisling Grey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to borrow this from you at some point. But not now, beause I have too many things to read. When is the new Aisling Gray due out?

Dora said...

November of this year - too far away!