Sunday, December 09, 2007

Witness in Death

Author: J.D. Robb
Published: March 1, 2000 (Berkley)
Category: Romantic Suspense
Series: In Death #10
Rating: 9/10
I find it so hard to write much about Nora Roberts' Eve Dallas books because there are so many, and not much changes between the books, as timeline-wise, they're all very close together.

This one was a little special to me because the crime takes place onstage while Eve and Roarke are attending the performance. A lot of the investigation goes on backstage, which amused me so much because I used to stage manage when I was in high school.

And the crime? It was a little creepy how a stage knife was swapped for a real, but then all sorts of questions come up. Was it the actress wielding the weapon? Or did someone else switch the knife to let her take the blame? It's hard to narrow down a suspect when everyone hated the victim.

I haven't gotten tired of Eve and Roarke yet, as I love following characters as their relationship grows. As there's no real end in sight to the series, I guess it could get boring and repetitive, but I've not reached that point after ten books. Watching Peabody and McNab "date" is hilarious though and it's even more amusing watching Eve deal with it (entails the equivalent of her holding her hands over her ears and screaming LALALALALALALA).

Good fun read, satisfying my cravings for Eve and Roarke as always.

1 comment:

Marg said...

I have to admit that I love reading those scenes where Eve is trying to ignore what is going on between Peabody and McNab!